Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Graphic Designer to join the Marketing Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Team:
As a member of the Marketing team, you will be tasked with growing our 15M+ user base. You’ll let the data tell the story and surface actionable insights. We enjoy working with others that are curious and love thinking, making and solving problems in creative ways.
About The Role:
We’re seeking a Graphic Designer to join Honey’s Marketing team and help create visual content for the company’s editorial blog, Milk + Honey, and organic social platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience creating compelling money, shopping, and lifestyle content. We’re looking for a Graphic Designer who enjoys collaging must-have products together as much as designing relatable pie charts and infographics for Instagram. This person has a knack for bite-sized, snackable visual storytelling.
What You’ll Do:
As a Graphic Designer at Honey, you will:
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager of Content to execute visual assets for Milk + Honey and Honey’s organic social platforms
- Assist with conceptualizing and producing design assets and deliverables
- Photo research and asset sourcing
- Confidently contribute fresh, innovative ideas
- Take direction and constructive criticism well, while also having the ability to work autonomously when needed
- Design graphics for short-form videos and Instagram Stories
- Assist at photo shoots
- Maintain creative consistency, following brand guidelines across multiple channels
- Research new trends, techniques, platforms, and tools to develop innovative visuals
- Has a solid creative portfolio that features photo editing, typography work, graphics, and creative branding projects
- 3-5+ years of visual and graphic design with an established digital company, publishing platform, or agency
- Motion graphics skills a plus
- Experience developing and executing content in the lifestyle realm (style, culture, money, e-comm)
- A strong balance of identity, packaging, typography, editorial layout, and illustration design skills
- Strong interest or skills in photography
- Open, positive, and persistent communication style
- A solutions-oriented mentality
- Ability to easily adapt in fluid environment under tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., InDesign) and video editing tools
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong desire to develop new skills and push the Honey visual brand forward
- Sense of humor!
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.