Director, Creative Operations
Our ideal candidate knows how to turn vision into execution, has no fear of large projects, complex timelines, looming deadlines, or immediate turn arounds. They are skilled at partnering with a creative team to strategize and prioritize. Will be closely partnering with VP Content and Creative to design process and instill good working order for a rapidly expanding team for a digitally native, fast moving, booming company.
You will be responsible for leading overall timelines of creative execution and managing a team of project managers across all relevant channels, including print and digital advertising, corporate collateral and branding, and video production. You will work with the leads of the photo, video, design, and copywriting teams to establish best practices and timelines, and work with the project managers under you to execute them. You’ll align with our executive and cross-functional teams to understand business objectives and ensure creative projects align with business needs and goals, and prioritize jobs and projects based on larger company goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and implement processes to ensure cross-functional teams work effectively and collaboratively. We strive for fluidity and easy communication within a tight framework.
- Increase efficiencies by continuously developing improvements to processes, tools and infrastructure, and be able to adapt as the company scales and needs change.
- Establish communication and approvals protocol between the Creative Dept’s and the company at large’s internal stakeholders.
- establish protocol for organizing creative reviews with all necessary stakeholders, consolidating revisions for designers and keeping projects on track. This includes: running the daily scrum assigning projects and flagging hurdles.
- Deliver weekly executive reports on resource use and pipeline, prioritized projects and budget
- Work with the Creative Depts’ individual directors acoss design, photo, and video to create best practices and schedules for deliverables, timelines, and notifications for all creative requests in.
- Coordinate project workflow, ticketing, scheduling, and delivery to ensure projects run smoothly.
- Identify project risks and prepare solutions and contingency plans.
- Manage department resources and labor across the internal agency.
- Work with Marketing as the liaison for briefs and objectives.
- Prioritize projects based on business goals and ROI.
- Work with your department’s exec lead and directors to build an annual, ground-up AOP budget based on roadmap and milestones including campaigns, productions, retail executions and technology needs to support creative projects
- Apply 360 marketing plans to support campaign roll outs and ensure through-lines at customer touch points
- Develop and manage stakeholder meetings to ensure brand alignment and fluid internal communication to keep projects on critical path
You'll Love This Job If:
- All about collaboration and communication. You’re effective at influencing cross-functional teams and comfortable working with all members of the organization, from individual contributors to top execs
- Thoughtfully articulate. No matter the audience, you deliver your thoughts clearly, concisely, and confidently
- Quick on your feet! When problems arise, you reliably produce responses and solutions with speed
- Exceptional at prioritizing. You never miss a deadline and like to get things done ahead of time
- Accountable. You reliably take ownership of your work and responsibilities
- Process-oriented. You are driven by developing, streamlining and maintaining the foundation for successful project execution.
- Calm and confident. You always maintain a friendly disposition -- even (and especially) under pressure
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience independently managing or leading cross-functional project teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and budgets
- Experience working with Project Management Software such as Excel + SmartSheets, Wrike or Asana (open project numbers, input milestones, critical path and track approval flow, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of workflow within a marketing or in-house creative agency
- A proven track record of successfully managing, developing and mentoring team members
- experience managing a content calendar
What You’ll Get:
- Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing e-Commerce
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401k
- Generous PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Paid Parking
- Free FabFitFun subscription and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drink