Greater LA Area
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
ABOUT THE VENTURE:
We are getting ready to launch and scale an automotive service startup that could transform the consumer vehicle ownership experience. The vision is an end-to-end vehicle service platform that connects consumers with repair shops leveraging the industry’s most advanced data platform. Financially backed and operationally supported by one of world’s most recognized automotive companies and BCGDV, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the $50B US auto repair industry and targets to touch over 100M cars in the US alone, infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
As a Design Lead, you will use your skills to:
· Lead the Design team’s process and decision making including planning, prioritizing, and scheduling.
· Lead and participate in concept sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking.
· Balance customer frictions and needs with business goals, market viability and technical feasibility
· Translate customer insights into concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes with Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
· Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions.
· Lead the design team to execute and deliver on product designs based on product requirements and testing outcomes
· Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and Content Strategists.
· Communicate the product’s vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to the team, both verbally and visually.
· Partner with engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented.
· Work with marketing to develop brand guidelines, online advertising, and websites.
· Develop branding and branding guidelines
· Execute brand collaterals including creative direction, art direction, and production (media and print)
As the Design Lead, you will need to have:
· Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, or design-related field or equivalent industry experience
· 8+ years of professional experience as an Experience Designer.
· 4+ years of people management experience.
· Working experience with Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision.
· Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
· Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills.
· Excellent people management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams.
· A ready, online portfolio.
· Experience in creative direction, art direction, and media and print production.
· Be able to execute marketing and branding collateral in house or work outsourced with agency or production house.
Read Full Job Description