Design Engineer - Exterior/Interior Lighting
If you're intrigued by the dream of workingalongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in theEV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who isirked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doingsomething you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put intoproduction? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the onebefore it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way theworld looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who'swho of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this specialmission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and lookingfor deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a“job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarkswithin the global EV industry. Readon...
Candidate should have a BS in engineering with 5+ years product engineering to support exterior and interior lighting, must have launched a vehicle. Able to clearly direct and maintain tasks with supplier, host meetings and report status. Expect travel to supplier locations and company facilities.
- CAD Surfacing/modeling
- ED&T + attachment strategy and integration between the lamps and Body
- Injection molding of plastics VS housing/lamp features
- Integration of Headlamps with FEM/BIW/Exterior panels
- Create/support feasibility and homologation studies
- Experience with mechanical testing and validation requirements
- Work with design team and other engineering teams for development
- Proficient with CAD, preferably Catia V6
- Develop & Integrate design to ensure serviceability, manufacturability and other performance attributes for autonomous system integration
- Knowledge of DFMEA/DVP&R/PPAP/program timing and costs
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Enforce design standards driving cost advantages to BOM standards
- Deliver components in accordance to company vehicle requirements
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.