Creative Services Director
MeUndies sells underwear, sure. But because we’re vertically-integrated, direct-to-consumer, and handle everything from design to marketing to shipping, we bring our customers much more than just undies. We’re a lifestyle brand devoted to self-expression and basics that are anything but simple. A great pair of undies can brighten up your day and a great underwear company keeps it going. We wear our brand as a badge of honor and we’re not afraid to share it.
As the Creative Services Director at MeUndies, you will help lead the development and execution of creative concepts, branding, and design. This includes everything from advertising, digital and email, to experiential, retail, packaging, partnerships and new channels/formats. This position requires a blend of excellent digital and creative skills, the ability to visually interpret complex issues, internalize and react to data and customer behavior, experience managing people and an interest in strategy and a passion for advancing significant ideas and causes. A robust background in digital product marketing is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with marketing and ecommerce team as a key strategic partner. Understand their business objectives and provide leadership and proactively contribute strategic and creative ideas.
- Strategic Creative Direction strategy development. Set direction and pace. Manage design team workload from concept through completion of all projects including digital assets, packaging, special promotions, emails, banners, presentations and more.
- Develop and innovate strategic direction on methods to improve the overall user experience and visual presentations of the brand at all customer touch points in partnership with User Interface (UI).
- Set and manage all project deadlines and own weekly and master creative production calendars.
- Build and maintain relationships with photographers, agencies, vendors, design and cross-functional teams.
- Oversee department daily workflow, allocate project workload, and manage deadlines and budgets as needed for design team.
- Inspire, develop and evaluate team members through project development, performance management and career development.
- Produce layouts or rough sketches to communicate creative concepts / ideas and then follow through to delivering flawless executions
- Take complex concepts and large amounts of data and bring them to life simply and beautifully
- Own creative resource planning and production including budget management, agency and vendor relationships and more.
What you have:
- BA in Design or similar discipline
- Minimum 8 - 10 years of experience in creative direction. Experience on brand side is required.
- Served in creative director role for a well-known brand.
- A thorough understanding of print/web production, functionality, site architecture, navigation, UX, email marketing standards, interactive design principles, etc.
- Strong typography skills are required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Maintain a consistent professional and positive attitude with an openness to change and new ideas.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to articulate creative concepts and collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to manage and lead a team.
- Ability to translate marketing direction into engaging, functional, and friendly user interface designs.
- Must have full studio designer capabilities. You will be executing as well as giving direction and coaching.
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?It's more than a job.We’re a team of kind, smart, diverse, and fun people who are building an amazing business and brand.
So we look at the big things.We offer competitive equity/salary packages, plus generous parental leave, 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off. You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
And the little things.Everybody gets access to an on-site gym, snacks, and an office keg (choose the cold brew by day, and the IPA by night).
Even everyday things.There’s a structured review process, regular feedback surveys, and a focus on open communication—all to make sure you’re thriving, happy, and growing.
And those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet, sweet MeUndies discount, as well as a complimentary monthly subscription for our feel-good undies.