Within is looking for a Creative Executive to help us source, develop and package awesome Wonderscope experiences.
What you’ll do:
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of developing quality projects across diverse platforms. They are someone with the ability to persevere through ambiguity, quickly adapt to new storytelling constructs and talent pools, and develop unique combinations of talent to make engaging, formative, and spectacular experiences.
They are a serial networker. They love going to events, conferences, and endlessly collaborate with both seasoned and up and coming creatives. They have extensive relationships with agents and managers and can pull together a list of talent for a project with their hands tied behind their back. They love packaging and selling more than production and producing.
As a lover of all forms of talent, they appreciate and devour art in all mediums, including podcast, video games, theater, immersive theater, film, television, digital, VR, AR, animation, and so on.
The impact you will make:
- Track and scout emerging talent including studios, writers, game designers, directors, animators, developers, and creative ideators.
- Track potential talent and IP through: novels, comics, animation, films, television shows, plays, museums, festivals, video games, podcasts, animation etc.
- Make recommendations for talent targets for upcoming projects, including studios, writers, directors and game designers
- Generate clear and cogent verbal and written feedback on story materials in various phases of development and production. Participate in project meetings to provide feedback and take notes.
- Build studio, writer, developer, director and animator lists for current and potential projects, and maintain lists for: internal tracking and development, talent, competitor information, and research, etc.
- Participate and take notes in creative meetings involving executives and key creative leadership teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with creators, writers, studios, directors, game designers and talent representatives.
- Read and assess writing samples for open writing assignments.
- Source, evaluate, and research IP for project development.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum 3-5 years development experience at a major production company, studio, game studio or publisher with a focus on scripted narrative: TV, Film, comics, animation, games or books.
- Strong existing relationships in talent community and agency/management circles.
- Deep understanding of pop culture, media, and genre entertainment (including novels, comics/manga, animation/anime, games, and film & TV).
- Excellent writing, editorial, analytical and communication skills.
- Team player who is excited to work in an innovative, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be passionate about developing content for children.