Back in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the very first online underwear subscription service. Since then, the LA-based DTC company has inspired a passionate (some might say obsessed) community with its super-soft Undies and Loungewear that Buzzfeed describes as “actual heaven against your skin.”
Fast forward to today, and MeUndies has sold more than 9 million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. The company has redefined the transactional subscription model with a more community-focused, Membership approach—putting an emphasis on long-lasting Member relationships through special perks.
With its continued innovation, MeUndies has managed to stay ahead of the curve and offers multiple purchase options (singles, packs, matching pairs, & membership). It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
What you’ll do:
- Foster a thriving, inspirational, and immensely creative work environment for the team, including workshops, team meetings, and knowledge-sharing
- Evaluate team members through project development, performance management, and career development
- Own creative resource planning and production including weekly and master calendar, budget management, agency, and vendor relationships
- Collaborate with our Brand team in the ideation and pitching of multi-platform/multi-medium concepts, that can translate to video, content, social, email, packaging, and retail
- Lead execution on multidisciplinary projects with an eye on unity across mediums and industry leading levels of aesthetic excellence & storytelling
- Work closely with Brand Marketing, Physical Product, and Digital Product teams to understand business objectives and proactively contribute strategic and creative ideas
- Partner with leaders across the organization to develop strong collaboration and process for asset creation and testing
- Support UX/UI teams to constantly find ways to improve the overall user experience and visual presentations of the brand at all customer touch points
- Build and maintain relationships with photographers, agencies, vendors, design and cross-functional teams
What you have:
- BA in Design or similar discipline
- Minimum 8 - 10 years of experience in creative direction
- Served in a Creative Director role for a well-known, direct to consumer brand
- A thorough understanding of print/web production, functionality, site architecture, navigation, UX, email marketing standards, interactive design principles, packaging, etc
- Strong typography skills are required
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Maintain a consistently professional and positive attitude with an openness to change and new ideas
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to articulate creative concepts and collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels
- Strong leadership skills; ability to manage a team of internal graphic designers and external partners
- Ability to translate marketing direction into engaging, functional, and friendly user interface designs
- Must have full studio designer capabilities. You will be executing as well as giving direction and coaching
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.