Vice President, Data
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Lead and scale a talented team of quantitative analysts responsible for consumer product and marketing analytics, data quality and normalization modeling, sales and business analyses.
- Be a strong technical mentor for our current data engineers and provide opportunities for growth and advancement for all members of the team.
- Set the analytics, data, and BI strategy for the company and work with the senior management team to set the strategic objectives for the company and measurement through KPIs and OKRs.
- Continually develop and standardize the company’s approach to our data through a shared set of definitions, techniques, and analyses that govern interactions with the data.
- Working with cross functional teams, derive data stories that tell meaningful narratives (for press and business interest).
- Working with cross-functional teams to drive analytics across the Headspace ecosystem.
- Create compelling presentations and charts and visualizations to tell clear stories with data for clients, investors, and internal teams.
- Be a thought leader and advocate for the power of our data, strategize on how to make it most impactful, and encourage data-driven decision making across all parts of the company.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 10+ years of relevant experience, ideally 5+ years managing teams, with a proven ability to attract, develop and inspire top talent in analytics and data science.
- Expertise with analytics tolling and coding ability in R/Python, SQL, and Looker (A plus if you bring experience in Scala, Redshift or Presto.)
- An extensive track record that demonstrates effectiveness in driving business results through advanced analytics across a broad array of problems.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex statistical concepts and methodologies, and articulate insights to cross-functional teams and clients with varying levels of knowledge in this space
- A successful history of translating business objectives and problems into analytic solutions that can be translated into actionable business solutions.
- Experience in some combination of the following fields: product analytics, marketing analytics, website analytics, statistics, data science, quant research.
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, or other quantitative fields.
How to get started: If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.