We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
This role supports the Decca Music Group VPs, Sync in LA and the Creative Licensing Manager, Sync in London on a day to day basis, covering both the Decca labels and Decca Publishing. All duties will be performed in co-ordination with UK counterpart.
- Tracking sync music trends via online R&D and updating sync teams regularly.
- Liaising with internal and external teams, and artist management, to ensure all roster assets are current, updating sync team as necessary.
- Ingesting and tagging audio assets into cataloguing systems.
- Creating playlists for sync and marketing purposes.
- Marketing the roster/catalogue via email and social media.
- Keeping global sync teams updated on roster/catalogue activity via playlists and newsletters.
- Maintaining Decca Publishing website.
- Occasional music editing, as assigned.
- Building and maintaining pitch decks and show-reels for the sync team.
- Tracking upcoming shows, managing ticket buys, invite lists, and guest lists, and coordinating with wider teams to assure good attendance.
- Booking US sync team travel.
- Assisting with production of local sync showcases and events.
- Tracking US licensing and maintaining accurate sync reports.
- General sync department business administration, as assigned.
- Strong administrator, with excellent and proven organization skills.
- Hardworking, organized, and self-motivated individual.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Creative thinker.
- Broad, eclectic music taste, preferably with an interest in experimental, alternative, and instrumental music.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Photoshop, Logic Pro, and Final Cut (or equivalent software) strongly desired.
- Experience using DISCO a plus.
- Experience in similar role and desire to work in sync.
- BA degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.