We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
BCG Digital Ventures is a corporate investment and incubation firm. We are dedicated to inventing, building, scaling and investing in industry-changing businesses at start-up speed for the world’s most influential companies, ensuring they are fit for the future. Founded in 2014, we have major innovation centers in Manhattan Beach, Berlin, London, Tokyo and Sydney, as well as a host of labs across the globe. Our centers and labs are home to a diverse range of entrepreneurs, investors, technologists, strategic thinkers, designers and engineers.
The Global Strategy & Insights team
Our Strategy & Insights team is the primary decision-support engine and incubator for BCGDV’s most important initiatives. As part of this team you fully immerse yourself in data collection, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations. Taking strategy one step further, you also persuasively communicate your recommendations to DV’s executive team & partnership, roll-up your sleeves to help drive implementation and check back-in to see the impact of your recommendations.
As Strategy & Insights Sr. Analyst, you are the ultimate data expert and thrive on solving highly analytical problems, conducting interviews and synthesizing ideas. You will report to the Head of Strategic Insights & Initiatives and work with a small team on projects commissioned by DV’s Executive Team, managing your own workstream(s) as you go.
The Strategic Insights & Initiatives team at BCGDV plays a critical role in defining and driving strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company. This group operates like an internal consulting group working on a range of critical projects and issues. Examples for this could be
● Assess options for our geographical expansion
● Analyze our venture portfolio and derive learnings from that for our methodology
● Analyze competition and industry trends to help refine our value proposition and offering and to support business development efforts
● Develop best practices for pricing by assessing the different commercial constructs we use at DV
- Structure complex, ambiguous and potentially charged business issues for BCGDV’s executive team.
- Gather and analyze information quickly and effectively.
- Develop compelling, insightful recommendations.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within leadership audiences.
- Lead execution against recommendations quickly and with flawless accuracy.
- A bachelor’s degree (business, psychology, economics, strategy or equivalent from a top-tier institution preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience in management consulting
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience (e.g. consulting, technology company/early stage, high growth start-up ideally in BizOps or in a Chief of Staff role or venture capital)
- A master’s degree (postgraduate, MBA or equivalent study)