Sr. Manager, Consumer Insights
Inspire makes it simple for everyone to have a smart home. The company’s groundbreaking subscription is the first to seamlessly combine smart home control and clean energy for home. Powered by a proprietary analytics engine, the Inspire Smart Home app allows members to create and control a completely personal home experience. Inspire empowers people to live more purposefully and sustainably everyday, moving us all towards a brighter energy future.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in sunny Santa Monica, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
Inspire is investing in Consumer Insights because we believe true customer understanding is the core to meaningful product innovation and high performing marketing programs across the company. The mission for the Consumer Insights Sr. Manager is to create a competitive advantage for Inspire by delivering solid insights that help define brand and product strategy, facilitate speed and accuracy of decision-making, and ultimately make a positive impact on the business. You will be responsible for defining, leading, analyzing, interpreting and socializing primary/secondary research initiatives, in order to bridge gaps between cross-functional teams to make a meaningful difference in the Customer Experience.
- Enable a culture that is anchored in deep customer understanding, and thoughtful market analysis.
- Own the holistic customer journey and identify the biggest opportunities in the user experience.
- Influence product and marketing strategy by uncovering what is most important to new, existing and loyal consumers.
- Create story-led presentations with actionable business recommendations.
- Apply a broad research (UX & quantitative) toolkit gleaning insights to make a more efficient and productive shopping journey and enable long term consumer engagement.
- Build bridges across the organization to deeply understand the business, bring context to the team and amplify the learnings to infuse the voice of the consumer into all business decisions.
- Consumer Advocate: Thrive on wanting to know why consumers act and feel the way they do, love sharing this understanding with others, and be known for accurately predicting consumer behavior and reaction. You run circles around others when it comes to understanding consumer drivers and motivations. You boldly bring the voice of the consumer into the room in a way that has a direct and immediate impact on the business, even when your points are controversial.
- Thought Leader: Track record in bringing strategic thought leadership and contributing to the profitable top-line growth of a consumer-focused company by uncovering behaviors and insights that result in breakthrough innovation.
- Agile Project Manager: Adept with managing multiple projects simultaneously of varying nature (UX, qualitative, quantitative, behavioral, secondary) - determining what’s important and distilling it into actionable insights without getting caught up in analysis paralysis. Able to synthesize across multiple sources into clear and concise findings.
- Creative: Demonstrated ability to think innovatively—connecting the dots where others cannot when it comes to consumers to create business building insights.
- Execution Driven: You flourish in a hands-on role, adding value at different levels. You will perform much of the research in-house and love to engage in methodological discourse with your insights colleagues.
- 8+ years of expertise in user experience on the client and/or agency side. You will have hands-on expertise and passion for user experience research and product innovation.
- Deep expertise in buying behavior, and customer journey mapping.
- Expert in designing and executing qualitative in-market research.
- Get jazzed by distilling insights from various data sets.
- Analytical problem-solver with strong quantitative background.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Motivate others around you, and can influence across departments.
- Excel in a fast-paced, undefined environment.
- Want to work at a purpose-driven company; passionate about how smart home and clean technology can have a meaningful impact on the world.
- Unlimited vacation
- Equity plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- 2 blocks from the beach in sunny Santa Monica