Sr. Director of Data
ConsumerTrack™ is unique in the digital marketing and media industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
ConsumerTrack, Inc is looking for a Sr. Director of Data to lead overall strategic data platform initiatives. Reporting to the VP of Technology, you will be responsible for leading current Data Engineering teams and building additional engineering teams and capabilities to execute on ConsumerTrack’s strategic goals to advance our ability to make data-driven business decisions based on a robust data platform empowering analytic insights.
- Lead, manage and mentor the data engineering teams, engineering managers and individual contributors in building a world-class data warehousing environment that empowers analysts to deliver insights to stakeholders.
- Define short and long term strategic data roadmap by partnering with data analysts, product managers, data engineering and application engineering teams.
- Recruit and hire data engineering personnel to staff teams for rapid development against strategic data roadmap
- Define data architecture and engineering standards, processes and policies to be applied to building scalable data pipelines, ETL and Data Warehouse platforms
- Establish and maintain data management and governance best practices and standards, working closely with analytics teams
- Possess, develop and apply knowledge and trends in data warehousing industry to maintain and modernize data systems and recommend building vs buying/partnering for solutions
- 10+ years of experience leading engineering teams with 3+ years experience managing multiple managers.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale software engineering with emphasis on data analytics and high-volume data processing systems.
- Experience hiring and recruiting data engineering teams using a blend of sourcing with hands-on recruiting and with recruiting teams (internal and external).
- Experience using outsourcing vendors/partners to augment engineering efforts.
- Experience managing and leading teams building data platforms using advanced programming languages such as Python or Java
- Experience building highly performant and scalable systems to collect and process transactional or clickstream data, and data pipelines to ingest multiple and variable data sources
- Expertise in cloud computing for data platforms, preferably AWS, managing size, and performance tuning to balance cloud computing costs with performance.
- Experience working in an environment where analysts and business partners are your consumers.
- DataOps knowledge - applying DevOps concepts with data architectures, systems and teams.
- Exceptional at defining plans and goals and executing on them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in Python and SQL.
- Experience with Snowflake or Redshift MPP data warehouse platform.
- Experience leading and managing Data Science initiatives.
- Experience in AdTech / Digital Media.
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills.
- Contribution to Student Loan Debt after the first year of employment.
- 401k- We match 3% of employee’s salary after the first year of employment.
- In-office gym and weekly fitness and yoga classes.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.