Sr. BI Engineer
As our Business Intelligence Engineer, you’ll use your passion for technology to create and maintain the large-scale BI platforms and solutions used to power the day-to-day decisions and operations of Fandango’s business teams. You are the one who thrives on translating complex data sets into intuitive actionable feedback, and love to drive the adoption of BI solutions to cultivate a data driven culture.
- Drive and participate in the definition, the direction, and the development of the BI Reporting Platform.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create the requirements and technical design of the BI Reporting Platform and related intelligence tools.
- Work with business owners, analysts, product managers, and data engineers to implement visual, actionable reports that meet quality and performance requirements.
- Develop, maintain, update and support reports and their underlying datasets based on feedback and business changes.
- Drive and contribute to every phase of the report development life cycle (design, development, testing, iteration, deployment).
- Recognize and implement best practices in reporting: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Educate and train business owners on BI intelligence tools and reports.
- Support internal stakeholders with ad-hoc requests and reports.
- Develop and drive the adoption of self-service BI tools and solutions. Find opportunities to innovate and lead the way.
• 4+ years of relevant experience in the Business Intelligence realm, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques, and related technologies.
• Strong experience developing reports, charts, dashboards in a major BI reporting technology (Tableau, Microstrategy, SSRS, etc.).
• Excellent knowledge and expertise with SQL and Relational & Multi-dimensional Databases. Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts.
• Experience designing data models for existing and new pipelines.
• Experience with designing ETL jobs using tools like Talend to bring in new datasets as well as transform existing datasources.
• Experience in data mining and developing SQL-based ETL processes for large-scale, complex datasets.
• Proven track record working on distributed, scalable, service-oriented platforms. Proven ability to develop and deliver high quality, testable, production ready reports.
• Expert understanding of the agile software development life cycle.
• Experience with distributed data architectures and their eco-systems, namely Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, EMR, etc.
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Redshift in an enterprise environment is a plus.
• Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a quantitative concentration or equivalent.
• Willingness and self-initiative to dig into technical concepts related to the Reporting Platform.
• Proactive in improving reporting, analysis, and BI development and deployment processes.
• Self-initiative to stay on top of the latest innovations in data and BI technologies to inform the features and functionality of the Reporting Platform.