Greater LA Area
In this role you will:
- Develop statistical and financial models related to parcel shipping.
- Work cross functionally to aggregate data and conduct service level, cost and transit analysis on the aggregate and unit level information.
- Determine areas of improvement for inbound and outbound parcel shipping.
- Create a world class shipping model for identifying areas of need, holes in service offering, and impact to contract changes.
- Lead the budgeting and contract negotiation framework, assisting Operations leadership in vendor negotiation.
- Partner with Marketing, Product and Business Development teams to challenge the status quo and adjust expectations to meet business needs.
- Interface with product and engineering teams to design, develop and continually improve internal systems.
- Create fast and accurate communication loops to allow Customer Support and Retail teams to communicate issues, problems and needs for quick and quality resolution.
- Audit vendor invoices for errors and opportunities, partnering with accounting teams to resolve.
- Work with Data and Engineering teams to create a reliable, consistent, and rich data set for inter-company reporting.
- Maintain a clean work area to help ensure that the workplace remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Follow all Goat Group policies and procedures.
- Be flexible to manage other assignments as they come up.
We are looking for:
- Mastery of Excel / Spreadsheets for analysis and reporting.
- Proficiency in SQL and Data reporting.
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to accuracy of the details.
- Ability to turn complex ideas into understandable business financial and data models.
- Unwillingness to accept substandard work.
- 3+ years of highly technical spreadsheet and analytical work.
- Experience with parcel contracts and their complex intricacies.
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs.
Benefits & Perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Accrued sick days
GOAT Group is the world's largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Our brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through our innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
We are backed by some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description