Senior Tableau Developer
Tableau Report Developer
Service Titan is seeking an exceptional Tableau Report Developer to join one of the fastest growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space.
This position is responsible for ongoing analysis and development of visualizations, dashboards, and reports to support ServiceTitan products and solutions. It requires the ability to analyze data from conceptualization through presentation of the data. The Tableau Developer/Analyst will work to improve reporting processes and simplify the environment. This will be achieved through report consolidation and retirement, automation, and report delivery redesign.
You will join a growing BI Solution team which prides itself on being a, solution-driven, strategic partner to Service Titan business operators. We’re one of the most data-driven companies, at all levels of the organization, that will depend on your work to achieve the extraordinary. You will be empowered to challenge the status quo, dream big and make a massive impact.
What you’ll do:
- Develop interactive dashboards, reporting, and visualizations to provide insights and make recommendations.
- Excellent communicator with creative data storytelling and delivering insights
- Use advanced data visualizations techniques to provide concise and compelling summary of analysis findings in reports and presentations
- QA and validate new and existing visualizations and analytics for proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Develop meaningful KPIs from the data
- Support executives by understanding their business challenges and delivering relevant analysis
- Adept at presenting insights and analyses to any level of an organization
- Conduct business stakeholder interviews to ascertain business problems
- Strong belief in the art of dashboarding and following best practices while designing dashboards
- Process data and develop reports for assigned projects, including the use of SQL, Excel (pivot tables, look-ups, advanced formulas, etc.), and Tableau
- Perform development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment
- Maintain accurate documentation of reporting processes and monitor to resolve any failures
- Hands-on experience building groups, hierarchies, bins, table calculations, etc
- Act as an expert resource to Tableau super users in the company
- Strong creativity, analytical and problem-solving skills
What you’ll need :
- At least 5 years of experience in Tableau development in Tableau 2018.x, 10.x of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server along with demonstrated knowledge of writing SQL queries.
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in quantitative field required.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative, be self-driven, work across functional groups, build collaborative relationships and drive projects to closure.
- Driven to meet and exceed goals regarding quality and delivery of analysis and projects.
- Ability to analyze and obtain insights from complex/ large data sets
- Must be analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of Tableau and its advanced features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, row-level security, R integration, joins, data blending and dashboard actions
- Effective communication and presentation skills to all levels of management, including senior executives
- Experience in developing and delivering Tableau training to other report developers and users
- Excellent SQL writing skills.
- Experience in GUI/Tools, Visio, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience with Redshift and Alteryx preferred
- Hands-on experience with Tableau Server a plus
- Experience working with deadlines in Agile environment to drive projects within team setting.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2018
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company, 2018
Deloitte Fast 500, 2018
Inc 5000 - Best Workplaces, 2018
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies, 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Highest Rated Cloud Computing Companies, 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, 2017