Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
The Foundational Services tribe creates many of the core capabilities which power Procore, and blends our customer-focused, direct engagement style of engineering with a strong vision of the future software environment we’d like to work in. Our engineers work across a wide set of technologies to make that future exist, from global infrastructure to front-end, mobile to machine learning. Within this tribe, the machine learning team is working across R&D to find ways to enhance user experience and improve construction processes throughout our applications. It’s just the beginning here, we’re looking for a senior engineer to join this team and help us pave the way machine learning can delight our customers.
Our primary languages are Ruby(Rails), but we also work in Python and Java. Postgres is our preferred database, and we manage systems and deployment with Puppet or Kubernetes depending on the tool.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
- Work with our R&D teams to build customer-facing products and features that are enabled by machine learning technology
- Partner with customers, product managers, ux, and marketing to explore future user experience enhancements
- Have the freedom to research, share, and recommend new technologies and trends
- Exercise code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Mentor junior engineers
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years development experience with proficiency in a modern programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Elixir, Java, Rust, Go)
- Experience with some areas of our tech like Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, AWS
- Background in developing real world applications powered by machine learning, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience in Agile development and TDD
- An ability to balance competing priorities
- Experience with libraries such as ScikitLearn and Tensorflow
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.