Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Factual is hiring senior engineers for our Neutronic team.
Neutronic is the data processing system that allows our engineering team to work together to build our Global Places product. We combine billions of individual pieces of information into a comprehensive dataset of hundreds of millions of places across 52 countries. Users mix real time precision edits with a git like branch and merge model for large scale changes.
We work with common open source tools for large-scale data processing, a custom platform for curating high quality datasets, and newer technologies like container orchestration frameworks. We solve complex distributed systems problems and meditate on improving operational efficiency. In this high-leverage role, your contributions will impact our largest engineering team and one of the company's primary products.
- 3+ years of experience with configuration and debugging of processes running on the JVM
- Working knowledge of concurrency, threading, and race conditions
- Ability to work with datasets that don’t fit in the memory of a single process
- Awareness of fault tolerance strategies in system design
- Ownership of the full project lifecycle
- Experience with microservices architecture and container technologies like Docker
- Experience with big data frameworks like Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with HBase