Senior Software Developer, ETL
As a Senior Software Developer, ETL at Spokeo, you will be responsible for implementing ETL processes using a variety of data sources. This can include the effort to locate and analyze source data, create data flows to extract, profile and store ingested data, define and implement data cleansing, map data to a common schema, transform data to satisfy business rules and validate content.
- Profiling source data to assess the quality and facilitate cleansing and business requirements.
- Working with Product, Data Architects and Data Scientist to define business requirements.
- Translating business requirements into data requirements and source-to-target data mappings.
- Collaborating with Data Engineers to optimize, automate and integrate new components into the data pipeline.
- Assisting in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL related activities.
- Performing ad-hoc investigations into data anomalies as needed.
- B.S. preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of development experience with Pentaho, with a preference for five years of ETL tool experience. Prefer Pentaho version 7.0 or higher.
- Advanced SQL coding skills for data transformations, profiling, and query tasks.
- Experience in agile environments such as scrum and Kanban.
- Preference for experience in Hadoop fundamentals and architecture: HDFS, map-reduce, job performance.
- Preference for open source big data skills in tools such as Hive, HBase, parquet, Spark.