Senior Programmatic Analyst
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
As Senior Programmatic Analyst, you will be an integral member of the growing Programmatic Revenue team. In this role, you will help define and create the tactics and strategies that drive our programmatic revenue and will be responsible for the monetization and reporting strategy for programmatic inventory sold across Grindr owned and operated domains. You will work closely with the data-driven Product, Engineering, and Finance teams to develop revenue-driving performance and continually test new strategies to optimize performance.
- Analyze all aspects of ad operations within Mopub, SSP partners, and Header bidding environments
- Continuously optimize ad stack, pricing, and targeting strategies to maximize revenue across all of our owned and operated domains
- Build and maintain reporting tools/ dashboards to monitor user trend, advertising product usage, and revenue impacts
- Support management by managing KPI metrics (eg. impressions, CPM) reporting and performing mathematical and statistical modeling to produce DAU forecasting and advertising revenue forecasting
- Conduct analytical ad-hoc projects aiming to spot user usage and trends across the app and impact on advertising business
- Partner with the Product team on ad product optimizations with A/B testing analysis to increase overall yield
- Test and deploy programmatic ad products
- Investigate revenue variances, reporting bugs, and revenue opportunities
Skills and Qualifications
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Experience in SQL and the ability to navigate a relational database
- High proficiency in a scripting language such as Python, R or another statistical language
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Solid statistical foundation, with working knowledge of common statistical analysis techniques
- Comfortable working in a small team environment and work cross-functionally with various business units
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Master's degree in mathematics, economics, hard science, or technical field.
Nice to have
- 1 years of mobile app advertising experience
- 1 years of experience working at major ad exchange
- Knowledgeable of mobile app ad serving environments
- Experience working with SSPs and header bidding
- Keen understanding of RTB/Programmatic landscape
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.