Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
A content technology platform, Nativo helps advertisers create meaningful brand connections with consumers and empowers publishers with breakthrough monetization solutions. We’re preparing the world for the age of content, where digital advertising is becoming a seamless, authentic, and helpful consumer experience.
We invite you to join us for an exciting and rewarding experience as a Data Scientist. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and improving our big data and data science infrastructure. Additionally, this team is responsible for providing various advanced optimization technology and targeting solutions for large-scale problems in other areas of our system. We process over a billion events daily and the amount of data we process is growing rapidly. We believe in being smart, innovative, pragmatic, polished, and efficient and are looking for people that fit those values. This role reports to our Data Science team manager.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement statistical predictive models to help solve various big data problems
- Develop and implement optimization models to address business-related challenges
- Collaborate with our data engineering team to build the above models in a way that can be deployed in our production environment
- Work with and guide other engineering teams to help improve areas with high volume low latency problems using statistical/mathematical models
What you need:
- Good background and experience with statistical and other advanced math problem solving
- Proven experience writing advanced algorithms on top of Big Data infrastructure
- Knowledge in a variety of non-SQL big data open source products such as Spark, EMR/Hadoop etc.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Scala, Java or R, but we are open to other experience if you’re willing to learn the languages we use
- Good understanding of Matrix Factorization, Gradient Boosting, Random Forest, Batch/Stochastic Gradient Descent, Neural Network, SVM etc.
- Good understanding of evaluation metrics such as F1 scores, AUC, ROC, confusion matrix, logloss etc.
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries and such as Vowpal Wabbit, H2O, Tensorflow, Theano, Keras or xgboost and ability to apply machine learning at scale.
- Knowledge of natural language processing is a plus
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to reach out and use team strengths to get the work done with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- You must be motivated, driven, and passionate about programming and technology
What We Offer:
At Nativo, you make an immediate impact. Nativo is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform digital advertising. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options, health coverage, employer-matched 401k, cutting edge work, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
Nativo empowers brands and publishers with the world’s most advanced platform for content.
For brands, Nativo enables storytelling at scale with the largest native reach and reveals insights that unlock return-on-content. For publishers, Nativo enriches monetization with the most comprehensive platform for next-generation ad formats and breakthrough technology for accelerated webpages. Nativo’s mission is to equip advertising for the age of content, improving the web experience and creating meaningful connections for today’s digital consumer.
From the hands and minds of an amazing team, Nativo has engineered a platform that has been recognized as the best available in the market. Nativo is respected, well-funded, and is recognized as one of the top tech companies to work for. Nativo is well-positioned to play a vital role in forging the path of media and advertising in the coming years. The opportunity to join a team that is making a huge impact is now.