Senior Data Analyst
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Senior Data Analyst position will play a critical role in supporting Edmunds business. This person willbe expected to take ownership of projects to continually improve reporting quality through automationwhile also cross-functionally work with other teams to generate key insights, reports, and analytics. Theideal candidate is also a natural problem-solver that loves data, thrives in a fast-paced, collaborativeenvironment; and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges.Edmunds.com Inc is a world class analytics organization where business intelligence is embedded intoday to day operations. We are progressive and a front runner in using the most up to date BI tools withan emphasis on building an innovative reporting infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Determine the right analytical approaches to solve key business problems
- Create reports, dashboards, ad hoc requests, forecasts, etc. utilizing our data warehouse andother sources of data
- Assist with ideation, development, execution, and analysis of A/B tests & experiments aimed at increasing website engagement and conversion
- Translate complex data into actionable insights, identify areas of optimization and growth
- Summarize your findings and prepare visualizations of data in order to explain and persuade
- Effectively collaborate with product managers, engineers, ad ops and sales teams across the organization
- Provide recommendations to key stakeholders
What You Need:
- A passion for analytics
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid data extraction and manipulation skills - SQL or Python experience required
- Data visualization and storytelling skills:
- track record of being able to tell a compelling story using data
- daily interaction with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Interana
- sound presentation and communication skill
- Data modeling / statistical analysis / predictive modeling experience is a plus (R, SAS and/or Python)
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, physics, computerscience, business analytics, etc. with at least three years of related work experience, or a BS inrelated field with at least five years of relevant work experience
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.