Senior Data Analyst, Growth
At Tala, we are connecting millions of people to the financial services they deserve. The Data Analytics team operates in a nimble working style, flexing between a variety of business questions and data needs at the company. We are asked to investigate and solve big questions other companies have yet to find solutions for such as digital identity management and understanding customers fully based on their mobile data. You will be part of an innovative and fast growing team that pushes to provide access, choice, and control to thousands of customers.
As a Sr. Data Analyst - Growth, you will drive our marketing and user acquisition optimization. By tying together our mobile, demographic, and spending data points, you will generate models and insights that will push our strategy around the globe. As we scale and innovate our approaches to reaching new customers, you will validate which generates sustainable growth and develop a deep understanding of our user base. Our social mission requires you to provide quantitatively-driven and socially-conscious decisioning every day.
This role will be based out of our Santa Monica, CA office.
In this role you will:
- Build a foundation for predictive modeling: we consistently test new channels and capture new datasets about our customers through user acquisition.
- Quantitatively validate our strategy
- Problem solve: you translate vague business questions into specific data-driven solutions
- Knowledge share: coach other team members in their work, translate complex data theories into learning opportunities
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years in a marketing or acquisition-oriented analytics position at a high-growth company (or equivalent experience)
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- Expert in at least one analytics language (ex. Python, R)
- Proficient in SQL, GitHub, bash commands
Perfect candidates would have:
- Experience with an early stage analytics team
- Experience in emerging markets in a professional or personal capacity
- Advanced modeling and machine learning expertise outside of school or Kaggle
- Able to look beyond the immediate deliverable, find the real data problem, and solve for it
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.