Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Clutter is an on-demand technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $100M from a number of VCs, including Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV, formerly Google Ventures. We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
As a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst and member of the Finance team, you will leverage your technical skills, business acumen and creativity, to build reporting tools that will allow stakeholders to quickly and accurately see how key business products and processes are performing. You will work with high-performing cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product, Operations, Sales, Business Development and Human Resources, to play a core role providing analytical, technical and reporting solutions in support of Clutter’s key business functions.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze business data to identify trends, draw conclusions, develop recommendations and help drive data-driven decision-making
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deeply understand business objectives and build insightful reporting
- Identify key performance indicators and build automated reporting tools for Finance and the executive team
- Work with Engineering partners to help shape and drive the development of Clutter’s BI infrastructure including data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms
What we’re looking for:
- B.S. in Computer Science, engineering, applied math or other quantitative field; additional Finance background a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a Business Intelligence or similar technical role
- Strong experience in databases and analyzing data in SQL and statistical tools; proficiency in R or Python a plus
- Experience working with commercial and emerging reporting tools (eg Periscope, Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience developing data-driven hypotheses and effectively communicating actionable insights to decision-makers
- Passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information and insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work outside of your comfort zone and embrace the ambiguity of a high-growth startup environment