Senior BI/DW Engineer
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Senior BI Data Warehouse Engineer
Who we are…
Hallmark Labs, LLC. (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, currently operates two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand greeting cards. We leverage Hallmark's deep experience in creating meaningful connections with great sentiments, and progress it into the digital age at a rapid pace with cutting-edge technology.
What we need…
We are looking for a bright, solution-driven and Data Warehouse developer interested in how information can transform business.
This person will have hands-on responsibility for building infrastructure to extract data from diverse data sets and technologies into the data warehouse. You are passionate about data and not only enjoy data schema design but are comfortable with various DB tools and types of databases. You know that good data and well designed and maintained databases are critical to any business.
This job involves the following responsibilities:
- Build and help architect Business Intelligence Data Warehouse
- Implement standards and best practices for the effective and efficient delivery of enterprise BI, including operational reporting, dash boarding, and business analytics
- Scale complex ETL processing integrating data from disparate data sources to deliver end-to-end data products to end users
- Prototype new BI tools to unlock new insights and data analysis
- Works with business stakeholders to find the root problem and then build data solutions to provide self-service
- Resolves system and performance issues as well as error handling and testing.
- Participates in the overall development process via architecture guidance, design and code reviews, and estimation and planning assistance.
- 8+ years of professional experience in data warehousing, data transformation, data structures and reporting.
- 3+ years of professional experience in digital analytics for web and mobile (Adwords, TagManager, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics).
- 3+ years' professional experience developing highly-scalable RESTful APIs.
- 1+ years' professional experience building Hadoop/Spark batch jobs.
- 2+ years' professional Data Warehousing experience in AWS (e.g. S3, EMR, Redshift, Athena, Data Pipeline).
- 3+ years' professional experience with Git/Github.
- 5+ years' professional experience with one or more BI tools such as Tableau, QuickSight, Microsoft BI.
- Professional experience designing and architecting high quality data-lake, data-warehouse, and data-marts data models.
- Strong SQL skills (Redshift and Postgres).
- Strong analysis and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarity with microservice data schema.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle, and Agile/Scrum Development methodologies.
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated desire to understand business workflows and promote data driven decision making within the organization a plus.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.