Marketing Data Analyst
The Marketing Data Analyst will be responsible for executing key data and analytics requirements for the company’s digital marketing team. The role will complete information requests and proactively seek opportunities for revenue growth and business efficiencies through data analysis.
- Devise, execute and report on tests in marketing channels to determine optimal approaches.
- Proactively pitch relevant data investigation and discovery efforts.
- Design and implement ad hoc and automated analysis scripts.
- Build and maintain key marketing reports in Excel, MyReports and Tableau.
- Design and deliver appropriate summary tables, charts and interactive tools in Excel, Powerpoint and Tableau to present key marketing information.
- Answer important operational questions posed by the marketing team with thoughtful analysis, leveraging the company’s rich data set and reporting/analytics tools, and present findings in a concise and professional manner.
- Perform in-depth data analysis to identify audience behaviors and interpret findings into recommendations for the marketing team.
- Discover insights about the company’s subscription products, subscriber behavior, website usage and marketing efforts. Typically this can include cohort analysis, A/B tests, funnel analysis and user segmentation.
- Represent marketing in wider data and analytics discussions, which can often include data science and data engineering stakeholders from other departments in the organization.
- Construct models and scenarios to quantify the impact of proposed tactics.
- Follow industry trends and emerging best practices with regard to data organization, technology solutions, data quality, documentation and ongoing process improvement.
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline.
- At least 3+ years of experience in a data analytics, data science or data engineering role
- Highly proficient in web analytics products (Google Analytics, Omniture/Site Catalyst, etc)
- Excellent SQL and data warehouse skills. Experience writing complex queries on large data sets.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint
- Proficient in Tableau or other BI visualization tools
- Experience in Python or equivalent solution
- Must exhibit a passion for data analysis and statistics
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills; able to interpret and present data to provide insightful, tactical recommendations
- Proven track record in analyzing data complex data sets and providing insightful operating recommendations based on thorough analysis
- Great communicator with strong relationship and interpersonal skills.