Manager, Strategic Analysis
Greater LA Area
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As the Manager of Strategic Analysis, you’ll spearhead strategy for sales, product, and operations. You’ll partner and shape our business goals, develop financial models, and explore new business opportunities that will help drive our company’s success. From there, you'll ensure we're toward tracking success by providing precise metrics on the outcomes.
What You'll Do
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting & models and outcomes/insights to the leadership team
- Develop dashboards that provide reliable and actionable insights
- Partner with Sales, Product, and Operations team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Drive operational excellence and ensure the smooth running of weekly, monthly, and quarterly business rhythms
- Conduct market research and build financial forecast models for existing and new market opportunities
- Analyze industry trends and develop long-term business plans to influence product roadmap
- Evaluate strategic initiatives and new growth opportunities across all verticals
- Conduct priority analyses and present recommendations to business leaders across the organization
What You'll Have
- 5+ years experience in data science, business intelligence, investment banking, consulting, or related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to senior leadership
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently work in time sensitive and unstructured environment; ability to work independently and through uncertainty
- Strategic - you're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now
- Experience with Sales, Sales Ops, BD, and Partnerships
- Expertise in SQL
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions) and experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS, Python) or other methods preferred
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description