Manager, Marketing Analytics
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds has a world-class analytics organization that’s made up of talented, smart and dedicated individuals who have a direct influence on the organization. Data is at the center of everything we do.
Edmunds is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Manager of Digital Marketing Analytics who has a deep understanding of digital marketing/customer acquisition and is experienced in drawing actionable insights from large sets of data and communicating a thoughtful narrative of results at the executive level.
This individual will be tasked to work cross-functionally in partnership with our Product, Paid Marketing, SEO, and Marketing teams to help grow our audience by optimizing our customer acquisition channels including paid search, display, affiliate, social, email, and SEO through AB testing, experimentation as well as insightful data analysis assessing effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and how best to maximize our marketing budget in curating quality visitation to our site.
Here at Edmunds, we offer free car buying tools and information to help customers buy their next perfect car. Come join us and help future car buyers with one of the most important purchases of their life. We know how stressful car purchases can be.
The Manager of Paid Search Analytics will also play a crucial role in the development, improvement, and maintenance of our digital marketing/customer acquisition forecasts and models, monitoring KPIs with an emphasis on our customer acquisition channels, and understanding how our customers and mix of acquisition channels contribute to revenue growth from a Tier 1 and Tier 3 perspective.
The ideal candidate would also have a proven track record of breaking the mold, making changes to existing processes & reporting, and innovating in order to propel the team to the next level of analytic insights.
In addition, this person will be expected to promote the use of self-service analytic tools across internal clients, and provide training for these tools.
Edmunds is a fast growing and innovative company. Qualified candidates should do well in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the team lead in monitoring & assessing performance of our digital marketing/customer acquisition channels including Paid Search, Display, Affiliate Marketing, Email, and Social and communicating insights directly to executives and stakeholders in a concise and clear manner
- Develop, evaluate, and refine analytics & statistical models (time-series, regression) to answer business questions, and identify areas of optimization and growth
- Prepare visualizations of data in order to explain and persuade
- Design, conduct and lead complex analyses that mine, extract, track, report and analyze our digital marketing/customer acquisition channels.
- Create and produce accurate forecasts, reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, etc. utilizing our data warehouse and other data source systems.
- Maintain, enhance, and develop automated standard traffic and digital marketing reporting to add to our existing reporting suite.
What You Need:
- Strong analytical and data mining skills
Strong domain knowledge of SEM and hands-on experience analyzing large paid media campaigns
Knowledge of website/digital marketing tracking (UTMs) preferred
- SQL and Excel are required and R and/or Python is a plus
- Strong data visualization skills and experience with BI tools such as Tableau
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to confidently speak to executive team.
- Strong project management skills, ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, business analytics, etc. with at least 5 years of relevant work experience, or a bachelor's degree with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.