Manager, Innovation and Analytics
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
As a member of the Global Client Services (GCS) team at Universal Music Group, you will help to develop enterprise-wide client support capabilities that will position the company for continued growth.
We are looking for a strategic thinker with excellent client service experience. As the Manager, Innovation and Analytics, you will provide subject matter expertise on a range of process improvement and process management activities. You may be responsible for an array of tasks and longer-term projects, including but not limited to, data gathering and analysis, standard methodology research, process mapping, developing performance metrics, developing and recommending alternatives for business process improvement, implementing improvements, and monitoring post-process improvement performance to updated standards.
• Partners with business units and technical teams to support evolving business needs & translate them into technology solutions;
• Uses expertise in industry-standard methodologies, policies, and procedures to establish process excellence and ensure process improvement objectives are met;
• Acts as the liaison between business units, users, and technical teams;
• Brings together requirements and use cases from subject matter authorities using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis;
• Collaborates with business unit representatives to ensure business readiness and knowledge transfer for implementation of any new process / system;
• Conducts ad hoc analyses around varying areas of client service operations;
• Analyzes reports and analyses to identify trends and opportunities for operational improvement;
• Creates, maintains, and communicates detailed reporting dashboards to business unit stakeholders and executives;
• Attends and participates in technical skills-based trainings and webinars and constantly seeks to expand knowledge of ever-growing client services capabilities.
• Familiarity with Zendesk software or equivalent SaaS/CRM software
• Experience using Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Domo, Google Data Studio, R)
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Organizational skills including an ability to multi-task while under pressure
• Understanding of SaaS integrations
• 2+ years of Client Service operations and / or Data Analytics experience
• Knowledge and experience with RESTful API preferred
• HTML, CSS, Java, JSON, Stack, MYSQL, SQL, Code experience preferred
• And most importantly…MUST love music!
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Data Analytics, or equivalent in a related discipline, or meaningful relevant job experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.