Manager, Industry Research
Capitol Music Group is seeking a Manager-level candidate to work on our Industry Research team. This role is designed for an individual with a strong analytical background, who possesses the desire to manipulate large data sets and present compelling finding across all levels of the organization. This position will serve as a hub of ingesting, digesting and disseminating key information across all Capitol labels and departments.
- Maintain and enhance a variety of daily, weekly and monthly reporting for all levels of the label.
- Produce ad-hoc analysis on an as-needed basis for Senior Management, up to the C-Suite level, at the label.
- Help design/launch new reporting bundles/models/tools under the direction of the SVP and Sr. Director.
- Support Sales, Marketing, Finance, Promotion, Sync & Licensing, Brand Partnerships, Advertising, Creative, International and A&R departments via a variety of processes and deliverables.
- Become an in-house expert across all available data sources and help to empower others to make informed decisions based on carefully researched positions. Help in creating and spreading "Best Practices" KPI's.
- Serve as an advocate for "best practices" data usage & KPI education across all key departments
- Strong proficiency in data mining with a preference for Python and SQL.
- Advanced user of MS Excel. Proficiency with all other MS Office products.
- Adept at distilling large amounts of data into concise, actionable recaps for Senior Management.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information for and interacting with label GMs/Presidents, EVPs, CFO, COO & Chairman/CEO.
- Must be highly flexible with the ability to quickly respond to time-sensitive ad-hoc requests.
- Possess a highly critical eye with the highest possible attention to detail.
- Self-sufficient for extended periods with the confidence to independently pursue information.
- A natural inclination to quickly understand, develop and refine reporting and work flow processes.
- The desire to build a knowledge of all tasks across Capitol to best serve our internal customers.
- 3-5+ years experience in analysis, forecasting, planning and/or industry research (preference within music).
- Bachelor's degree required (business, statistics, computer science or music industry preferred).
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.