Manager, Data Analyst
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
You’ll manage and grow a high performing team while working across the organization to generate the data and analysis needed to make the best decisions as we grow and innovate. You’ll be responsible for pushing the business forward on all fronts, based on insights derived from your deep understanding of our data and operations. You’ll have exposure to our top executives with the opportunity to learn from their deep experience in transportation and technology as well as the opportunity to impact their decision making at a critical time as we scale the business.
What You'll Do:
- Grow & manage a team of up to 12 data analysts to serve the business as data expert and maintain single source of truth for Bird KPIs and operational data and provide front-line experiments and experiment roadmaps to drive new initiatives and optimizations
- Drive cross functional initiative and package deliverables for senior leadership in a growth environment
- Analyze complex business problems, operational scenarios, and related financial implications that enable leadership to make informed business decisions and drive operational excellence
- Consult with internal customers and cross functional business leaders and stakeholders to identify gaps/opportunities for process improvements, revenue growth and cost savings
- Collect business requirements and define operating metrics / KPIs. Provide timely and accurate reports, dashboards, KPIs, operational scorecards, and other leading indicators that report historical performance, as well as provide insight into future trends
- Lead ad hoc data research and statistical analyses using R, python and/or other statistical tools
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field from a highly competitive school, masters preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience managing teams that drive business decisions through data; High growth technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking/private equity background
- Proficiency with SQL, and experience or familiarity with one additional scripting language
- Strong background in, or comfort with, statistical concepts
- Ability to develop and manage an experimentation roadmap
- Top notch people manager with track record of growing and developing teams of analysts
- Steadfast focus on the details, while keeping strategic priorities top-of-mind
- Responsible and reliable to the people you work with - this is a team effort!
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Effective communication skills: you can build the story and then tell it just as well
- Project management savvy: you expect best from your peers to get joint projects done well
- Seize opportunities and willing to go beyond the task at hand
- Radiate positivity and possess a “can-do” attitude
- Responsiveness: you deliver timely, digestible answers to complex asks
- Constantly think of ways to improve our products and the business
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description