Greater LA Area
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
RepairSmith makes it super easy to get the auto repair services you need. Whether you're looking for help diagnosing possible repairs, or you know exactly what you need and are just looking for a trustworthy shop to do the work, RepairSmith can take over. The vision is an end-to-end vehicle service platform that connects customers with repair shops leveraging the industry’s most advanced data platform. Financially backed and operationally supported by one of world’s most recognized automotive companies and BCGDV, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the $50B US auto repair industry and targets to touch over 100M cars in the US alone, infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
As a Sr . Data Engineer, you will:
· 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering / BI / Data Warehouse design and development using modern Relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
· 2+ year of experience in Big Data Engineering using tools like Hadoop, Hive & Map Reduce
· Creating systems that ingest data from various sources
· Experience with Apache Spark or similar fast/real-time tools
· Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
· Experience with distributed systems and cloud architecture using AWS
Additional valued capabilities include:
· Bachelors degree or greater in Computer Science or related areas, or equivalent practical experience
· Data Modeling and Data Science experience building predictive models
· Experience with Python, Unix, or statistical software packages (R, SAS) for data manipulation
· Confidence with analytical tools such as Excel, R, Stata, or Matlab
Read Full Job Description