Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp Inventory Manager eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization. The Inventory Manager position will be responsible for implementing inventory management and control across multiple clinical trials; this includes ordering, preparing and tracking all shipments, developing and/or refining inventory management and control operations, and hiring and managing other inventory personnel. The Inventory Manager will work closely with other inventory personnel, study investigators and the study team to ensure safe and efficient conduct of clinical studies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and controls inventory across multiple trials: ensures supply stock is adequate via daily/weekly analyses (quantity and quality), records deliveries and shipments and reconciles inventory, creates reports on inventory transactions, proficiently uses inventory management/barcoding software to document characteristics of inventory.
- Develops and implements inventory tracking and control procedures and best practices.
- Analyzes data and trends to anticipate future needs.
- Plans, develops, refines, and directs the day-to-day trial inventory operations.
- Creates supply orders and reorders and monitors their status; communicates with suppliers as needed.
- Performs, coordinates, and/or manages accurate inventory counts and maintains accurate storage records pertaining to stock/assets in quarantine. Institutes cycle counting program.
- Communicates current stock and potential issues with orders.
- Participates in the hiring, training, and management of other inventory personnel. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to coaching, skills development, and performance reviews.
- Acts as the main point of contact for all trial supply inventory inquiries.
- Ensures all supply rooms are clean, organized, and presentable, including monitoring packing materials and other supply room needs.
- Assembles, prepares and ships laboratory and trial visit kits according to the study protocol, as needed.
- Accurately enters tracking information into Science 37 platform in a timely manner.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, experience in lieu of education will be considered
- 5+ years experience in inventory, distribution, and operational procedures
- 3+ years of inventory management experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of inventory management software, preferred
- 2+ supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- At least 1 year of experience in a CRO, pharmaceutical, medical, biotechnology industry and/or equivalent transferable skills preferred.
- Organization and Analytical skill set – Demonstrates high level of attention to detail, outstanding organizational activities and good blend of: strategic thinking, analytic, conceptual, planning and implementation skills.
- Strong communication skills- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive project team member and internal Science 37 relationships. Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Computer skills- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required. Willingness to gain expertise in the use of proprietary software.
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions– Demonstrates ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. Adjusts quickly to complex changing work priorities and unplanned events.
- Time Management and Goal-Oriented – Have excellent time management skills, action-oriented, goal-oriented and innovative.
- Problem Solving - Process thinking and ability to translate “problems” into “opportunities” and design solutions and translate improvements in actions and act as ambassador promoting these changes to internal and external parties.
- Adaptability and Flexibility – Have experience in a fast-moving, growth-minded startup, and are comfortable with needing to be flexible and adaptable as requirements change. Ability to work under pressure and work with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Other – Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written).
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy daily healthy catered lunches, snacks and beverages, and top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook Pro, 4k monitors, and adjustable standing desks. Submit your resume to apply!