Front Desk Administrative Assistant
The Front Desk Administrative Assistant will provide office and front of house support to ensure day-to-day operations run smoothly. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who will perform a variety of duties that require initiative, excellent communication and organizational skills, and independent judgment.
The Front Desk Administrative Assistant role provides basic receptionist and administrative support for the company. This role has set hours of 9am - 5pm Monday through Friday. This role is responsible for:
- Overseeing front desk, guest registration, receiving calls and disseminating correspondence
- Assist with special projects and events on an as-needed basis
- Tracking and maintaining ongoing Operations projects and systems (ticket tracking, inventory management, information record management)
- Process expense reports and payment requests, expense reconciliation
- Oversee calendaring for Los Angeles campus
- Schedule meetings and calls in Outlook
- Mail distribution and coordinating daily pickups with Shipping & Receiving
- Booking corporate travel and consolidating travel reports
- Providing administrative assistance to corporate services teams
- Team oriented: you are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates.
- A learner: you’re always eager to learn new skills; faced with a new challenge,
- Dynamic and creative: you thrive in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously.
- You are the first person people meet when they walk through the door, you need to be welcoming, friendly, and have a professional demeanor
Minimum Required Experience:
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Customer service, interpersonal and communication skills over the phone and in person
- 1-2+ years of administrative experience
- Extremely organized, accurate and detail-orientated
- Must be able to do work efficiently with limited supervision
- Master of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage projects with self-initiation
- Proficient communication Skills (both written and oral)
- Quick-solution based problem solver
- Los Angeles candidates preferred - no relocation provided
- Strong data entry skills
- Knowledge of Concur expense and travel management system
- Experience arranging travel (flights, hotels, car service)
- Knowledge of UPS and FedEx shipping a big plus
*Local candidates preferred.Please note that this position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.