Greater LA Area
In this role you will:
- Review all orders utilizing fraud tools on a daily basis in a timely manner to identify valid and fraudulent transactions while adhering to department and company service level agreements
- Maintain or exceed minimum review volume expectations with minimal errors, complaints, fraud alerts and chargebacks
- Review and analyze various notifications and escalations to identify fraudulent transactions
- Provide timely and accurate response to emails and/or voicemails to ensure that customers are getting the best service especially when being asked for verification, etc.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of any and all restrictions placed or refunds processed
- Work with fraud leadership to evaluate or develop tools and infrastructure to enhance the ability to detect fraudulent activity proactively
- Work closely with other members of the team to continuously improve internal processes whenever necessary
- Maintain effective working relationships across internal and external departments as necessary
- Maintain a positive attitude and be willing to adjust daily responsibilities to meet the needs of the business
- Must be able to work weekends and non-traditional shifts
We are looking for:
- 3-5 years of related experience with fraud prevention, fraud data analysis, investigations, or risk management
- 2-3 years reviewing orders, identifying fraud trends and creating fraud rules
- Experience analyzing data and using database query languages (SQL)
- Strong skills with Spreadsheets or Excel (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Ability to think analytically, logically and make accurate decisions
- Strong attention to detail with consistent accuracy
- The ability to take direction and follow stringent processes and regulations
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to meet critical deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter, requires little to no supervision and comfortable taking initiative while quickly grasping concepts, processes and ideas
- Must be able to work within a team environment and be a team player
- Consistently go the extra mile to provide a positive consumer experience
- Strong proficiency working with web browsers and web based tools
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description