Financial Analyst, Operations
We are looking for a Financial Analyst, Operations that is passionate about developing a deep understanding of the business and using data to drive important strategic analysis and operational decision-making. This role will lead operational analytics, specifically around Customer Service and Collections.
What you’ll do:
- Create globally consistent, accurate, real-time dashboards for key Collections & Customer Service metrics
- Set and monitor team and individual performance targets for Collections & Customer Service teams based on historical, market and partner team data
- Identify anomalous performance in customer service / collections performance, research root causes and propose solutions to optimize team performance
- Support assessment of the optimal mix of internal and external resources by market
- Analyze and support evaluation of changes/new initiatives insights derived from operational data
- Translate business questions into analytic hypotheses, data needs and reporting requirements
- Support Customer Service and Collections in annual and quarterly forecasting and goal-setting process; coordinate with the broader Finance organization to ensure alignment. Communicate the risks, opportunities and drivers of forecast variances in an insightful, proactive way to facilitate timely and informed decision making
- Partner with Data Analytics team to build KPI reports that supports the needs of the Collections & Customer Service teams; ensure reporting integrity and alignment with other Tala teams
Who you are:
- A collaborative self-starter. You’re excited to pursue new initiatives and love to partner with cross-functional leads to move the business forward
- You have the ability to translate insights into action. You not only build models, but you’re able to distill key learnings and use those insights to drive strategic planning and initiatives
- A highly innovative problem-solver. You approach a problem from different perspectives and use your holistic understanding of the business to see new opportunities/risks
- Strong communicator and an advocate for your business partners
- Passionate about social enterprise and find meaning in working to make the world a better place
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of relevant experience in operations, analytics, or finance. Bonus points for experience at a high-growth tech startup!
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence in an dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Deeply analytical problem-solver
- Experience with or willingness to learn data analytics languages (e.g. SQL, Python) and data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Amplitude, Tableau)
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by Google Ventures, IVP, Revolution, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Benefits and Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k and reimbursement for commuting expenses. To promote healthy work-life balance, we offer unlimited paid time off and paid parental leave. At Tala, we provide enriching opportunities for personal and professional development, including travel to our global markets to meet with actual customers.
We truly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.