Executive Director, Corporate Analytics
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Executive Director of Corporate Analytics will work independently and in conjunction with the VP of Strategy and Insights to create and execute a strategy to accelerate the adoption of data-driven strategy across all our business units. You will be the go-to person at the executive level for the key corporate-level insights that drive our company and will help to drive the future direction of our people, processes, and initiatives. You live and breathe both analytics and strategy and are able to dive deep into basic operational analyses, as well as statistical and predictive models, while maintaining a view of what matters to the business and what insights it needs to succeed. You will lead conversations with and present to executives regularly on your insights, partnering with them to determine how best to apply these insights to operations. In short, you will own and guide all aspects of data analysis, from the operational to the innovative, and the application of that data to our business.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the VP, Strategy and Insights and the rest of the Analytics team to set the Analytics and Insights strategy for the company
- Partner with the senior management team to set the strategic objectives for the company and measurement through KPIs
- Help establish and manage a high-impact analytics roadmap for enabling data-driven decision making across the organization
- Refine and implement a data analytics framework and prioritization process that enables growth and aligns with the vision and objectives of the business
- Mentor and ultimately scale a team of analysts to consistently deliver high quality, timely analyses and proactively manage internal and external expectations
- Coordinate, develop, and deliver processes and tools to optimally use analytics as a shared service
- Be a thought leader and advocate for the power of our data and strategize on how to make it most impactful
- Lead the progression and balance of analytics work from operational support to optimization of processes and initiatives to innovative data-led solutions
- Work with the executives and other key stakeholders to understand how best to use Analytics
- Take a lead role in forecasting and scenario-testing our business
- Partner with the Data Science team to identify critical areas for data-led optimization and integration of machine learning
- Craft compelling executive-level stories with surprising, actionable insights and recommendations
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree or PhD preferred, in analytical field
- 10-15+ years of experience, including 5-10 years of experience applying data insights in support of business decision-making and strategy
- Intense curiosity, high intellectual and analytic horsepower, relentless pursuit of datadriven insights
- Experience in and passion for building and leading successful teams with the ability to attract strong talent
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including strong executive presence
- Established ability to influence decision makers
- History of strong interpersonal skills and being a team player who quickly builds trust and credibility through relationships
- Demonstrated ability to dig into analyses to a detailed level, translate trends, and data into actionable strategies, and tie analytical output to tactical recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage cross-functional team, comprised of people with different styles, backgrounds and experiences
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.