Greater LA Area
OnPoint Global is seeking a database developer interested in building business intelligence and analytics systems. The successful candidate will be responsible Postgres stored procedures, advanced SQL queries, and MDX queries.
The role will require significant communication with all levels of non-technical business personnel for the purpose of identifying and documenting reporting and data analysis requirements. The candidate must possess fluent verbal and written English skills and be willing and able to interact in a positive fashion with many different personalities.
The business goal for the position is the creation and maintenance of effective reporting and analytics tools for business users. These tools must be as attractive as they are functional. All tools will be constantly refined until it is possible for business users to obtain and analyze all data across the enterprise, without developer assistance.
This is a cross-enterprise position with the goal of providing complete visibility and access to all data, for all business users, through a single seamless interface. This is not a position for a specialist with skills using one hammer. If you are interested in working with people, but also interested in personally building high-visibility applications sitting on top of billions of records worth of data, then this position will provide you with the challenge you desire.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
· Understanding of T-SQL queries
· Windows Server OS experience preferred
· Must work well under pressure, be flexible and meet deadlines
· Strong attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Maintain and improve performance of production SQL servers
· Troubleshoot slow running queries / stored procedures
· Monitor and compare network and resource utilization of SQL servers for abnormalities
· Work with systems and database teams to ensure optimal performance of the website
Read Full Job Description