As part of TeleSign, the world leader in phone-based fraud prevention and intelligent authentication, TeleSign is poised to extend its track record of success within the mobile text messaging and telecommunications business. With a global base of more than 1,000 customers, our expertise and technology is relied upon daily by many of the world’s premier enterprises.
These companies use the power of messaging to streamline business processes by communicating directly with their target audience. As always, our focus is on mission-critical message delivery, backed by a 24/7 support service, with industry-leading standards of customer care. Continuing our vigorous growth, we are looking to build further by launching a portfolio of exciting new products in the year ahead. The TeleSign Engineering Team plays a key role in designing, building and maintaining the infrastructure which supports these services. The work is challenging, extremely rewarding, and essential to the success of the company. In order for us to achieve our goals we need professionals who know possess a deep knowledge and experience related to their area of expertise, are highly motivated, and energetic.
- Provide database administration for TeleSign Mobile’s production Microsoft SQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL DBs
- Support activities include DB installation, deployment, maintenance, performance tuning and optimization (SQL query, stored procedures & DB engine), troubleshooting/resolving DB problems, DB backups/restores and insuring DB monitoring is in place to proactively alert Network Operations to issues.
- Provide consultative support to the Development, Business Intelligence and Knowledge Engineering organizations to insure database & table designs, indices, database access, are error free and optimal from a performance perspective.
- Work closely with key staff to design/build a data warehouse from existing data sources. The data warehouse will support effective business operations through decision support, trending and reporting on key corporate performance indicators.
- In conjunction with other senior technical staff, act as DB expert to deliver highly available, reliable DB platforms to support the business.
- Provide consultative support for those less knowledgeable of DBs and their capabilities
- Relevant University degree
- 3 -5 years’ experience including MS SQL (2008, 2012 and/or 2014) and MySQL
- Experience in resolving DB problems, including working with DB providers, DB performance issues, use of native monitoring tools
- MCITP is a plus but not required
- Use of Profiler and performance tuning of stored procedures
- Experience in DB backup and recovery
- Experience in setting up DB replication across multiple geographies for MS SQL
- Understanding of indexes, index management and statistics
- Experience in PostgreSQL a definite plus
- Experience in being “go to” DB resource
- Experience in a fast moving, agile development based environment, preferably SaaS or cloud delivering based product offerings
- Experience in SSRS and/or OLAP cubes
- Some experience in scripting to support operations automation for DB related activities
- Understanding of Internet security concepts
- Familiarity with voice telecom and SMS messaging terminology
- Ability to help other learn more about DBs and their effective use
- Basic knowledge of BI concepts (cubes, ETL) and MS BI tools
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.