Data Scientist, Monetization and Measurement
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join Snap Inc! Working closely alongside the Engineering, Product Design, and Product Management teams, you will create inventive, data-based approaches to solving difficult business problems.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and machine learning to create and scale insights
- Create and test hypotheses
- Build models and machine learning pipelines to understand how Snapchatters interact with ads on Snapchat
- Help the Business and Engineering teams make decisions based on data
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in data science or another related technical field
- MS or PhD in statistics or other quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with causal inference techniques, experimental design and/or A/B testing
- Experience in ads measurement or ad tech
- An interest in translating technical results for cross-functional stakeholders across the organization
- Fluency in SQL or other big data querying languages
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or R
- Ability to communicate analyses in a clear and effective manner to senior-level audiences
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].