Data Platform Engineer
Greater LA Area
With over 10 million members and more than 800,000 listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. We are looking for a Data Platform Engineer to function as a full-stack engineer with familiarity with data engineering practices and tools to build the platform that supports our data and machine learning functions.
In this role you will:
- Build and maintain capabilities of internal data and machine learning platforms
- Build and maintain a multi-region search service API that fronts one or more Elastic search clusters
- Integrate search service with existing production services
- Work with stakeholders to define and prioritize new platform components and features
We are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience building web UIs with frameworks like React/Redux
- 3+ years of experience building REST/gRPC web APIs
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL/NoSQL data stores
- Familiarity with big data tools and stores
- Familiarity with project/product management practices
- Familiarity with AWS cloud
- Familiarity with Docker and an orchestration tool like Kubernetes
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
Founded in 2015 and based in Los Angeles, California, GOAT is the safest way to buy and sell sneakers. Whether you’re looking to buy rare sneakers, discover new ones, or earn money by listing sneakers you already own, GOAT is your destination. And with an authentication service, buyer protection guarantee and great customer service, it’s the safest option in the industry.
We are backed by some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Ashton Kutcher, Guy Oseary, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures and Y Combinator.
GOAT will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description