Data I/O Supervisor
The Data I/O Supervisor is responsible for Overseeing Data I/O department operations. This department facilitates the digital and physical movement of media and SAN management. Works directly with Producing and operational staff for Theatrical, Commercials, and Broadcast.
· Manage all incoming and outgoing data
· SAN clean-up and archiving
· Ensure security protocols are followed
· Ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries
· Point of contact for producers, creative talent and operations for insight into ongoing work.
· Assists in coordinating on-going training programs to increase knowledge level of the team.
· Assists in developing and rolling out Data I/O processes.
· Works to identify areas of improvement to existing workflows.
· Design, implement and update workflows within department.
· Works with coordinator to provide ETAs and issues back to Producers.
· Work with engineering and producing team to escalates issues in a timely manner.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Shell scripting, Perl scripting and python.
· Knowledge of media formats such as LTO and hard drives.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to interface with producers, management with opportunities for limited client interaction.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to handle and to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
· Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
· Sound business judgment and integrity.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Programming/scripting abilities is a plus
· Workflow/pipeline experience.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with Linux, Macintosh and Windows operating systems in Post Production environment.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience
· Computer Science Degree preferred.