Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
- Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources.
- Build and manage existing analytic tools to provide deeper insight into the pipeline and capture key metrics.
- Monitor technical performance and ensure that identified bugs are routed and resolved.
- Mentor team members on working with highly scalable distributed systems and cluster architectures and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological advances.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Work with large, complex SQL/NoSQL databases
- Create unit and stress test scripts/modules.
- Write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent)
- Hands-on scripting or programming
- Experience working in big data ecosystem (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) with complex SQL/NoSQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Experience and understanding of ETL tools.
- Prior experience working with highly-scalable, distributed systems and cluster architectures (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.)
- Prior experience working with large data sets ( > 10 billion).