Rival is on a mission to transform the $200B live events industry by empowering fans, teams and artists with a modern, authentic and trustworthy commerce experience. Live event ticketing is an industry that hasn’t been meaningfully disrupted in 30 years. It’s fragmented, reliant on legacy systems, susceptible to fraud and lacking in basic security. To build a universal platform, Rival is tackling unique set of problems and we're looking for fearless problems solvers to help us achieve our mission and inspire the fan in everyone.
Rival's event-driven architecture generates high volumes of heterogeneous events on our global bus - a combination of Kinesis and SNS/SQS. As one of our first Data Engineers you will play a central role in the architecture, implementation, and scaling of our data warehouse and real-time analytics infrastructure. You will leverage our event streams for anomaly detection, system verification, mathematical modeling, reporting, and dashboard applications. Additionally, you will work with streaming data to author and deploy real-time analytics to enable the most transformative live-event experiences in the world.
As data products, customers, and sources evolve, you will help architect ETL orchestration to scale data processing, and enable a broader set of ETL authors.
In short, you will get in on the ground floor and drive our platform and strategy in a significant way.
- Experience building production data pipelines
- Experience writing batch-driven and streaming ETL on distributed data
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Python
- Experience with big data tech (Hive, Hadoop, Athena, Glue, Kafka/Kinesis, Flink/KSQL) and MPP databases (Redshift/Snowflake)
- Experience working with large, complex datasets, both relational and non-relational
- Demonstrated ability to align with business goals
- Experience with high-volume, real-time analytics desirable
- Experience with Tableau, Looker or other dashboarding software desirable but not required
- Bonus points for experience writing scrapers, crawlers, NL parsers as required
- Bonus points for experience with AWS
We are a team of passionate and talented engineers, product managers, designers and operators who have come together to build something the right way from the ground up.
You’re one of us if you:
- Eat complexity for breakfast
- Get inspired by iconic consumer experiences that your friends and family care about
- Intellectually curious and quietly confident; we have big brains, not big egos
- Have a voracious appetite for learning, growing and pushing yourself to the next level
- Inclusive, collaborative and team-first contributor
- Lead with an open heart and mind, and generate joy for others around you
Life @ Rival
Rival respects your whole life. Whether you’ve got kids or you’re a dog parent or you direct musicals (yes we do all that), we know there’s more to you than work. Here are some of the ways we support our squad:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits with generous employer contribution
- Dog-friendly office in sunny Playa Vista
- Fully subsidized lunch and dinner
- Friendly and focused work environment
Rival is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and dimensional work environment.