LRW is swimming in data, coming from many sources. The marketing and data science team requires an experienced and all-purpose data engineer to architect and manage a data warehouse (e.g. a datalake) along with ETL processes to enable access to this data in efficient and easy to use ways, across multiple platforms.
The ideal candidate should be curious, independent, responsive, and articulate; someone who is receptive to instruction and feedback but can work well with ill-formed problems; is interested in the core business of the company and seeks to identify the business and use implications of various solutions; and someone who is a tenacious problem-solver who seeks to identify core bottlenecks from both a technological as well as a process-oriented standpoint.
The technical skills we are looking for around data warehouse design and ETL are all or most of the following: MS SQL, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Hive, Hadoop/Yarn, Pig, AWS Infrastructure (RDS, S3, Glue, Redshift, etc.), Spark, and familiarity deploying solutions through docker or REST APIs. Experience in Python and/or R a plus.
What You Will Do
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to design, create, and maintain a database architecture that unifies ETL processes across multiple data sources and made accessible across multiple platforms
- Develop perspectives around ETL processes that align with business needs and use cases, while oriented toward improving data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Discover data across the entire business, even in hard to see places
- Develop processes to shape data in meaningful ways, amenable for modeling, mining and production, and set standards for others to follow
- Employ any required language or tool to stitch a coherent system together
LRW is a global analytics and market research consultancy best known for driving business results through the use of consumer and behavioral insights. Our ability to translate deep human understanding and sophisticated data analytics into business success for many Fortune 500 Companies has helped LRW become the 15th largest market research firm in the world. LRW consistently ranks as one of the top most innovative firms in the market research industry.
What We Offer
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, paid time off, casual dress, fun companywide/team events
- Centrally located offices in exciting locations including LA, NY, Chicago, London, Philadelphia and Orange County
- Performance based culture and unlimited opportunity
- Opportunities for mentorship and formal training
LRW is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. Further, the functions, specifications, physical demands, and work environment listed in this job description represent the essential functions of the job which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed functions and responsibilities do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform.