Greater LA Area
With over 10 million members and more than 800,000 listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. We’re looking for a Data Engineer to help us build out our data pipelines and projects from the ground up!
In this role you will:
- Support existing data pipelines and systems in production
- Design and develop new ETL data pipelines and streaming processes that are highly available, scalable, and reliable
- Design, maintain and optimize highly distributed analytics data stores
- Leverage AWS managed services to streamline data transfer while maintaining availability
- Work with engineering, analytics, and product stakeholders to define data ingestion standards and best practices
We are looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining large scale analytics systems
- 2+ years programming experience, Python preferred, GoLang and Java is a plus
- Strong understanding of architecting, developing, and maintaining cloud technologies on the AWS platform
- Experience with distributed databases and data warehouses - Postgres, DynamoDB, Redshift
- Experience with distributed computing like Hadoop or Mesos
- Experience building out distributed streaming applications with Kafka or Kinesis
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
Founded in 2015 and based in Los Angeles, California, GOAT is the safest way to buy and sell sneakers. Whether you’re looking to buy rare sneakers, discover new ones, or earn money by listing sneakers you already own, GOAT is your destination. And with an authentication service, buyer protection guarantee and great customer service, it’s the safest option in the industry.
We are backed by some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Ashton Kutcher, Guy Oseary, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures and Y Combinator.
GOAT will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description