About the Company.
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using our own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans. We’re headquartered in Los Angeles with satellite offices in New York City, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, and Columbus.
About the Job.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Data Operations team. As a Data Analyst at Gimbal, you will be a key member of a growing team focused on the execution, analytics, and measurement of innovative mobile advertising campaigns that drive results for our clients.
Our data platform is built on Druid, Redshift, and other modern database technologies and uses Tableau, Pivot, and Periscope to visualize and analyze the data.
Who you are:
- A proactive problem solver - you are constantly looking for ways to work smarter, delivering new efficiencies anywhere an improvement can be made
- A universal communicator - you are able to explain the most technical data to the least technical people without any confusion
- A detailed-oriented thinker - you never lose the trees in the forest and can create structure out of chaos
- A builder - you are passionate about taking automation into process and procedure
What you will be doing:
- Building, analyzing, and discussing data learnings/trends from our robust data platform
- Building reporting visualization templates and dashboards utilizing business intelligence software including Tableau, Pivot, and more
- Collaborating with internal departments including Sales, Account Management, Ad Operations, Engineering, Product and Business Development
- Understanding high-level business goals of the company and its customers, and translating them into actionable and impactful reporting and analytics
What you have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Data Analysis role or equivalent; Digital Media/Advertising experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Economics, Business/Finance, or Computer Science with analytics background; Master’s degree a plus
- Experience building visualizations in Tableau or other data visualization platforms
- Experience working with Druid, Redshift or other modern database models
- Background in statistics and probability; machine learning and data science a plus
- Proficiency in SQL; Google BigQuery experience a plus
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience using data to effectively tell a clear story
- Working knowledge of Python, R, Jira, and/or Trello a plus
Benefits & Perks.
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance and disability coverage
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan plus company match
- Cell phone reimbursement and subsidized gym membership
- Annual professional development stipend
- Fully stocked kitchen - snacks, drinks, and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Dog-friendly office