Data Analyst, Marketing Insights
Leaf Group is looking for a Data Analyst, Marketing Insights to help our team evolve the understanding of what it means to have an insights lead creative approach and partner-led research that will help drive new client partnerships and meaningful renewals. You will use existing knowledge of digital research tools, media math and proven quantitative skills to develop themed stories around Leaf Group’s proprietary data, the current and evolving state of how brands can best measure and drive impact. If you’re the kind of person who geeks out over eMarketer reports, Freakonomics episodes and the power of data to yield powerful insights more generally, this role could be a great fit for you.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Data Analyst, Marketing Insights grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Director, Integrated Marketing
A typical day as a Data Analyst, Marketing Insights
Creative Insights might include:
- Consult with sales and advertiser clients to provide them the context to help optimize media plans and branded content creation
- Leverage data to build out studies around key advertiser categories, new white spaces we identify, and publish reports on the issues that will be most impactful to drive partnerships.
- Leverage first and third party data and research tools to create and present analysis for internal and external clients that tell Leaf Group’s story to the marketplace and advertiser clients
- Support the advertising team both proactively and reactively with research and analytics, including but not limited to audience data, site metrics, marketplace research and internal consumption data.
- Assess Leaf Group relative to other media properties within the competitive space to develop actionable insights that best positions Leaf Group for success
- Create and report on custom media targets based on media briefs and RFPs; help sellers create prospecting tools in pre-sale efforts
- Work collaboratively with the Integrated Marketing team to create marketing collateral and campaign proposals, providing the necessary research to support and sell through marketing ideas
- Analyze campaign performance, providing insights and actionable recommendations
You’ll be successful if you are obsessed with great ideas inspired by data and insights. You love finding insights that surprise, and shaping said surprising insights into ideas.
What You Have:
- 3+ years of media experience at a fast-paced web publisher, media agency or TV Network
- Proficiency with syndicated media research and analytics tools: comScore, MRI, Nielsen Scarborough, Kantar Market Advisor, Nielsen nPower
- Keen understanding of media planning and media math (reach, frequency, audience composition, coverage, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the digital media ecosystem
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences in Social Sciences, Communications, Mathematics or another related field
- An acute attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with experience clearly communicating with peers and management, both verbally and in writing
- Passion for finding stories in the data through in-depth analyses
- Proven team player with the ability to take on different assignments/projects in a timely manner
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.