Data Analyst Manager
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
You’ll manage and grow a high performing team while working across the organization to generate the data and analysis needed to make the best decisions as we grow and innovate. You’ll be responsible for pushing the business forward on all fronts, based on insights derived from your deep understanding of our data and operations. You’ll have exposure to our top executives with the opportunity to learn from their deep experience in transportation and technology as well as the opportunity to impact their decision making at a critical time as we scale the business.
- Grow & manage a team of up to 12 data analysts to serve the business as data expert and maintain single source of truth for Bird KPIs and operational data and provide front-line experiments and experiment roadmaps to drive new initiatives and optimizations
- Drive cross functional initiative and package deliverables for senior leadership in a growth environment
- Analyze complex business problems, operational scenarios, and related financial implications that enable leadership to make informed business decisions and drive operational excellence
- Consult with internal customers and cross functional business leaders and stakeholders to identify gaps/opportunities for process improvements, revenue growth and cost savings
- Collect business requirements and define operating metrics / KPIs. Provide timely and accurate reports, dashboards, KPIs, operational scorecards, and other leading indicators that report historical performance, as well as provide insight into future trends
- Lead ad hoc data research and statistical analyses using R, python and/or other statistical tools
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- 5-10+ years of experience managing teams that drive business decisions through data; High growth technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking/private equity background
- Proficiency with SQL, and experience or familiarity with one additional scripting language
- Strong background in statistical concepts
- Ability to develop and manage an experimentation roadmap
- Top notch people manager with track record of growing and developing teams of analysts
- Steadfast focus on the details, while keeping strategic priorities top-of-mind
- Responsible and reliable to the people you work with - this is a team effort
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Effective communication skills: you can build the story and then tell it just as well
- Project management savvy: you expect best from your peers to get joint projects done well
- Seize opportunities and willing to go beyond the task at hand
- Radiate positivity and possess a “can-do” attitude
- Responsiveness: you deliver timely, digestible answers to complex asks
- Constantly think of ways to improve our products and the business
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description