Business Intelligence Analyst
We are seeking a resourceful, motivated Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Ring Operational Excellence team (OpEx) to help scale business operations and programs efficiently, while consistently advocating to improve the experience of our Customers.
In this role you will develop and support the analytic technologies that give our team flexible and structured access to their data, including implementation of a BI platform, defining metrics and KPIs, and automating reporting and data visualization. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. You should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions. Above all you should be passionate about bringing large datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
The ideal candidate displays strong ownership and unique customer obsession, and provides recommendations based on data and metrics. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and influence peer teams (sometimes without formal authority) by communicating clearly and persuasively.
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions
- Owning the design, development, and maintenance of these solutions
- Partnering with internal teams and using predictive analysis to generate and surfacing actionable recommendations that highlight opportunities to propel sales growth
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, database, and business intelligence and statistical analysis role
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau or similar BI tools
- 5+ years of experience in MS Excel and VBA
- Prior experience in market research or analytics.
- Experience in other BI tools is a plus.
- Exposure to Amazon Redshift is desired but not required.
- Expert level experience in MS Excel and VBA.
- Strong team player and the ability to work in a diverse environment with people in various locations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data mining.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Read Full Job Description