Associate Data Scientist (Sales Engineering)
Factual is the location data company trusted by the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers, and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide. At Factual, we love data.
About the Sales Engineering Team:
Sales Engineering is a highly collaborative team that partners with Product, Engineering, Business Development, Partner Services, and Factual’s amazing clients and industry-leading partners. As an Associate Data Scientist on our Sales Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our customers to analyze, explain, and visualize what is happening in the physical world and prescribe how location data can help solve business problems. You will extract data within a Hadoop ecosystem, breaking down complex requests to aggregate, filter, and transform data for analysis. You will use your expertise in analytics and statistics to provide recommendations on when and how to use location data which will influence what products we sell and how we establish competency and trust with our clients.
You are a data scientist who knows the tools and algorithms to analyze data and understands how to find its shape and underlying structure. Working on the Sales Engineering team, you’ll apply your analytical skills to leverage and expand Factual’s established products - increasing the business questions location data may be applied to. You are a skilled communicator that will provide compelling and appropriate explanation and guidance to key existing and potential customers. You have strong engineering experience and enjoy working cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment. You value teaching and learning and are known for sharing best practices, recommended approaches and learnings broadly. And most of all: you deliver.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze, interpret, and solve a range of location data problems
- Propose creative strategies and best practices for client evaluations, internal data analysis and products delivered based on data-driven insights
- Guide clients on how they can use Factual data to solve location data problems through an understanding of their business problems matched against our data and your expertise in analytics, data analysis, and statistics.
- Use and author specifications which improve our data processing components and frameworks
- Develop visualizations based on real-world data analysis challenges
What we’re looking for:
- An understanding of machine learning concepts and algorithms - particularly classification, clustering, and supervised learning.
- Applied knowledge of Statistics (we really value people who can handle uncertainty and variance)
- Fluency in Python
- Familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with SQL in a Big Data Environment (we use Hive and Athena)
- Basic proficiency with shell scripting and comfort with command line utilities
- Customer-centric communication skills with excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience with working across several teams (technical and non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- Masters degree in a quantitative field (Math, Statistics, Computer Science) with 1-3 years experience in an Analytics or Data Science role
- OR a Bachelors degree in a quantitive field with 2-5 years experience in an Analytics or Data Science role
Cover letters will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!